Before Your Treatment
You will achieve much better results if you prepare the skin for your permanent makeup procedure. The area must be healthy, strong and non-sensitive/irritated.
- To help pigment retention, remove any dead skin cells the night before by exfoliating the area which is to be treated.
- Do not pluck, wax, thread or tint brows for up to seven days before your appointment.
- No tanning for two weeks prior to the treatment, or have a sunburned face.
- Discontinue any Retinol-Vitamin A products one month prior to the treatment.
- Do not have any type of facial or peel for two weeks prior to the treatment.
- Do not have Botox three weeks prior to the treatment.
On the day of your procedure
- No exercising on the day of your appointment.
- Do not drink alcohol 24-48 hours before your tattoo.
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure.
- Do not take any aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief.
- Avoid oily fish, garlic and herbal teas to avoid blood thinning*.
*Please check with your GP if you are on any medication that may cause blood thinning.
Your permanent makeup treatment is a two stage process, and good aftercare is essential for achieving optimal results.
The colour will be darker for the first 5-7 days on average.
You may notice slight swelling or bruising to the area. This will subside after a few days.
Do not pick at any scabs as this will cause loss of pigment, and you may have to pay for an additional treatment.
Your second appointment will take place between 6-12 weeks after your first session.
- Avoid getting the area wet for 10 days after the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 4 weeks after your procedure, wear a hat when outdoors.
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks after your treatment.
- Try to minimise steam when having showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days and use fresh pillowcases.
- Do not do any heavy exercise/sauna or swimming until the area is completely healed.
- After the procedure, blot the area with cotton pads every hour to remove any lymph build up and prevent scabbing.
- Use damp cotton pads to gently wipe the area 6 hours after your treatment. Apply your product in the way advised by Amanda.
- Do not tweeze, wax or thread your brows for at least 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Do not apply makeup to the area until it is fully healed.
- Any Retinoids/AHAS/Acids should be avoided over or near any areas that have been treated to maximise pigment retention.
- Please be aware that you cannot give blood until after 6 months of having a treatment.